Shopping Small is More Important Than Ever This Year
2018 was a challenging year for businesses in the Catonsville and Ellicott City area. A weekend of rain left businesses devastated, many of whom are still feeling the affects of the Memorial Day flood.
But entrepreneurs are tough! Many of them have decided to continue in business despite the challenges. They are rebuilding and remaining in the community. However, it has not been easy.
As a small business consultant, I have been helping these businesses regrow their customer base. Amazon and other online companies make it difficult to compete.
So why support a small businesses?
- They offer unique, one-of-a-kind gifts and personalized service.
- If there is a problem, you know who to call and you talk to a real person.
- They are willing to customize.
- They will go out of their way to help you find what you are looking for.
- They employ individuals in the community.
- They keep their dollars local.
- They often give back to the community with time and money.
No one is telling you to abandon your online shopping, but this season, reconnect with your community. Shop Small on Saturday and other days throughout the holiday season. It’s a great way to make your holiday special while helping those in your community.