Should Your Business Still Be On Social Media?
The other day I was reading an article in Forbes about the demise of social media. I read the article to find out, if not social media then what. I was waiting for the big reveal, but it never came.
True there are people taking breaks from social media or even deleting their accounts. The algorithm can have a negative effect on organic reach. But there are still reasons why social media still makes sense for small businesses.
- It brings your business up higher in the Google ranking. — Having multiple locations online where your business can be found will raise your Google ranking since most people never go past the first page of results.
- Customers still check out businesses on social media. This is a great way for businesses to inform customers about sales, promotions. etc. It also give businesses an opportunity create personality. To post information about employees, the background story of the business and behind the scenes information.
- It’s cheap to advertise. Businesses can advertise for less money than almost any other vehicle. Also, advertising can be targeted to your specific audience. When you advertise on Facebook, the ad also shows up on Instagram. You can also set up your advertising to show up on other sites.
What can you do to make social media more effective?
- When people do interact, make sure you are responsive. Like comments and reply to comments on your page. Respond to messages. Let people know you are there and listening.
- Boost posts. Don’t just boost sales posts, boost posts that tell people more about your company. Don’t post boosts that link the reader to other websites or articles.
- Think about what your readers want. Make your page fun, informative and entertaining.
- Share posts from your business page to your personal page.
Your presence on social media is still important, but always be looking for the next big thin. That’s what I do! If you need help with your online presence, let’s connect email@example.com.