5 Reasons to Keep Up Your Social Media
The other day I got a referral for a local business. Like many others, I googled the business and found its web page. Of course, I always like to check out a business’ Facebook page, so I clicked on the icon. The last time there had been a post was 2012.
Many businesses make this mistake. They start a page and then abandon it. Unfortunately, it’s linked to their Website. When was the last time you posted?
So why should you keep your Facebook and other social media current?
1. People notice. When people are looking for a business. The first thing they do is google it. Then they check out your website and social media. If you’re not keeping it up to date, it looks as though you don’t care about your professional reputation..
2. The old saying goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” It’s true. What kind of impression are you making if your social media is not up-to-date? It looks like you can’t manage your own workload.
3. Social media is a great place to keep your customers up-to-date in real time. It’s much more flexible than a website. Not using it is really causing you to lose business.
4. Maybe one of your social media sites is up-to-date, but not all of them. Make a decision to only keep the ones that work for you and that you’re willing to keep up-to-date. Otherwise it looks as if you have difficulty balancing your priorities.
5. Everyone is on social media today. If you’re not, you’re losing an opportunity to connect with the community and your customers.
I always say, “Social media is like having a pet.” It needs to be attended to every day. If you make the decision to have a social media site or multiple sites, make sure you have the time to take care of them.
If you need help keeping up with your social media sites, contact me: Kparis@itsallgeektome.org or call 410-746-5801.