7 Things You Need to Know About LinkedIn Advertising
LinkedIn is still the number one site for B2B commerce. Although many companies encourage their employees to have up-to-date profiles or have company pages, many have not ventures into LinkedIn advertising. How do you know whether LinkedIn is the right advertising vehicle for you? Here are 7 facts that may help you decide.
- You need to have a company page before you can advertise on LinkedIn. Even if you are not sure you will need it, claim your company page today just in case.
- You will need to set up a Campaign Manager account on Facebook. It’s free to set up and LinkedIn has instructions on creating ads.
- Compared to Facebook or Instagram advertising, LinkedIn advertising expensive. According to A J Wilcox, LinkedIn expert, LinkedIn advertising costs approximately $6 a click, which is more than three times that of Facebook. However a customer on LinkedIn could be with hundreds even thousands of dollars in business. Be ready to to spend big.
- With LinkedIn advertising you can specifically target the type of company you want to do business with. You can target size, industry, location and the level of the employee.
- You can upload an email list into LinkedIn so that your advertisement will show up on those individuals pages. Again, if your company has a list of work email addresses, LinkedIn in the place to advertise. People rarely use their work email to sign up for Facebook.
- You can create lead forms for your LinkedIn advertising campaign. This can help you determine individuals who are really interested in your services.
- According to A J Wilcox, LinkedIn is a great way to reach the real decision makers in a company. While high level executives may delegate their email to their assistants, most manage their own LinkedIn profile. It’s a place to get noticed by the right people.
If you need help with LinkedIn or want to set up a workshop for your company, contact me. I can help you and your employees make sure you are using LinkedIn to its true potential. firstname.lastname@example.org.