Your Business’s Social Media Resolutions
It’s January and everyone is making resolutions. Lose weight? Stop smoking?
In fact, some people have already given up on their resolutions.
However, business owners need to take resolutions more seriously. Resolutions are important milestones that help you grow your business. Maybe using the word goals rather than resolutions will give them more credibility.
When it comes to social media, goals are necessary to ensure you are spending your time wisely. If your new to social media start slowly and check out these tips.
1. Choose one platform and do it well. Provide useful information with great visuals.
2. Post consistently. It’s the most important thing you can do. How often depends on the platform you choose. Post every week throughout the week at different times. Check your statistics to see if there seems to be an optimum time for your audience.
3. Be clear as to what are you trying to achieve. Are you trying to increase the number of people who like your page? Do you want to drive traffic to your website? Once your goals are clear it will drive your social media philosophy.
4. Be prepared to spend money on ads and set a budget. The great part about social media is that you don’t need a large budget to make an impact. Many local businesses can spend less than $100 a month. In addition, social media advertising can be targeted to the people you are trying to reach based on gender, age, interests and location.
5. Remember you are part of a community. Share posts of other local businesses and posts from local organizations. It’s a great way to build good will in the community.
Let 2018 be the year you begin or improve your social media presence. Need more information? Contact me at email@example.com and check out my social media profiles @itsallgeek2me on Facebook and @itsallgeek2mekp on Twitter and Instagram.