After 30 years of marriage, there is very litle my husband can say that surprises me. However, the other night when he asked me to help he set up a Twitter account, I must tell you, I was blown away. Apparently there was someone he wanted to follow on Twitter and wanted me to help him set up an account.
Although, he spends his days on a computer, social media, except Facebook, is still a mystery to him. So for my husband and every other person out there who has yet to start a Twitter account, here you go:
- Go to Twitter.com
- In the upper right-hand corner where it says Log in, click on the arrow and go to: SIgn Up.
- Enter your name, phone number or email and create a password. Make sure you write it down or save it somewhere. If you don’t have a Twitter account yet, chances are you might be at an age where you forget things. I know I am. Phone number is optional.
- You will then be asked to create a user name. Twitter will give you a series of suggestions of available names. Pick one.
- Then you will be asked to choose interests. This way Twitter can help suggest accounts you might want to follow. Not everyone wants to follow Kim Kardashian
- Then you are asked to import contacts. I never do, but it is your choice.
- You will be given a series of choices that have been pre-checked. If you do not remove the “Select All” check, you will end up following multiple accounts that you have no interest in. Review the list, choose who you want and move on or choose no one. Move to the next screen.
- Remember to reconfirm your account through your email or you will not be able to tweet.
- If you want to, you can upload and profile and background picture.
- To get started, click the quill in the upper right hand corner. To look for people or topics you are interested in, put your topic in the Search Twitter box.
You are ready to tweet. Have fun!